Thursday, October 6, 2016

Here we go...

Welcome!
I have been putting this off for some time now, so I have finally decided to take the plunge and begin a blog for myself as superintendent. The mission and vision of my blog is “To engage and communicate effectively with members of our district”.  This will be a learning experience for me, so hang with me. I want to provide an area that allows all the members of our school district to see the school district from my point of view.  My blog posts will provide a look into our schools throughout the year. I plan to share the amazing things that our talented teachers are doing in their classrooms, the projects and activities that our students are doing, occasional education updates that are important to share, and the experiences I am gaining as a superintendent.
I am very excited to begin my first year as Superintendent with the Faulkton Area Schools District. We are a couple months into the school year now, and have been working hard to become acquainted with the community of Faulkton and Faulk County. Our district is nearly 1,000 sq. miles, while I will not claim to have driven the many roads of the district, I can say that I have driven the many miles of our bus routes to become better aware of the area that we serve.  I have also spent some time at all three of the Colony Schools that are in our district. I am looking forward to working with those individual schools and communities.
We are very fortunate to have such amazing staff in our school buildings. I have enjoyed seeing their hard work and determination with our students to get the school year started right.  Their excitement and enthusiasm is infectious, and I cannot wait to see the many great things that we can accomplish together.
The Faulkton Area Schools District has a great tradition of success and support in this community.  I will work hard to recognize and honor that while keeping our school district moving forward and progressing with the ever changing educational landscape.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I would be happy to sit down and talk with you. I look forward to a great rest of the school year.
Respectfully,
Derek Barrios – Superintendent/Elementary Principal

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is awesome. I have grandkids attending school and think this is a great idea. Wish someone would have done this when my children were in school. Your concern for the school and all it enables is GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is only a test message as I am new also. Hoping this is linked to the original post by Mr. Barrios and not extending Jody's thread...

    ReplyDelete